Here's how to easily publish panos using iOS 6 and the updated Sphere iPhone app:
- Record a pano from iPhone's (4s, 5) Camera app. Select Options, then Panoramas.
- Open the Sphere app (register or sign in if necessary).
- Select Add from Camera Roll to select your new pano, name it and upload it. In a moment, your pano (presented as a sphere) will be ready for you and others to enjoy.
- Select Share to share via Twitter, Facebook, email, text message, or your HomeAway or VRBO account.
Below are some tips for best results (which are also well summarized in this C/NET Video):
- Hold your iPhone vertically
- Move your iPhone continuously when taking a Panorama.
- Keep the arrow on the center line.
- By default, you'll record left –> right; tap the arrow to reverse the shooting direction
- If you go too fast while recording your panorama, the app will say “Slow Down“
- If you get a lot of ‘jaggies’ (because you didn’t keep the arrow on the line), you can use the Crop tool to ‘clean up’ your panorama.
Read to try it out? Update the Sphere iOS app now!
- Sphere Blog – Apple's Camera App: Video, Photos ... and Panos!