Sphere and Samsung have partnered to pre–install Sphere: Samsung Edition on millions of consumer devices. The first device to see Sphere pre–installed is Samsung's new GALAXY NX camera which has begun showing up in retail establishments this week.
"We're delighted that Samsung has joined us in our mission to democratize 360º content publishing. Through this partnership, millions of people are gaining the abilities to record, view and share 'spheres' through their favorite smartphones, cameras and tablets" said Sphere Founder and CEO Charles Armstrong.
With Sphere: Samsung Edition, getting going is as easy as tapping the Sphere icon (to download a pre–linked expansion to the app) and signing in. Now anyone can explore the world — or record it — all in 360º. When browsing, one can search by interest, photographer, category and geography.
The Samsung GALAXY NX includes:
- An "always connected" camera with built-in 3G/4G LTE and Wi-Fi
- Android OS (4.2.2)
- 4.8 inch, 720p IPS touch screen LCD for changing nearly all camera settings
- 20.3 megapixel APS-C sensor sans mirror
- 1/6000th of second exposure
- 13 interchangeable lenses are available
PhotoPlan Blog – Samsung Gadgets to Incorporate 360 Virtual Tours Tech (9/12/13)