Sphere Founder and CEO Charles Armstrong has accepted an invitation to speak at The PhoCusWright Conference this year in Ft. Lauderdale.
The PhoCusWright Conference brings together the best companies and content in the travel space to explore new ideas, products, companies and trends in travel.
"I'm thrilled to be invited back to take the stage for an analyst Q&A," said Armstrong. "This is the perfect opportunity to share with travel industry leaders what we've accomplished since sweeping the awards last year."
At the 2012 Travel Innovation Summit @ The PhoCusWright Conference, Sphere (formerly called TourWrist) won:
- The General Catalyst Award for Travel Innovation (including a $250,000 investment)
- The DEMO Award for the Most Game-Changing Innovation
- The Most Innovative Emerging Company
- The 2012 Travel Innovation Summit People's Choice Award Runner Up
In addition to Armstrong, currently slated speakers for the November 19th-21st event include:
- Expedia CEO, Dara Khosrowshahi
- Facebook director of product management, Sam Lessin
- Google vice president, travel, Jeremy Wertheimer
- KAYAK CEO, Steve Hafner
- Priceline CEO, Jeff Boyd
- TripAdvisor, CEO, Steve Kaufer
- HomeAway CEO, Brian Sharples
- Denihan Hospitality Group EVP, chief customer officer, Tom Botts
- General Catalyst Partners managing director, Joel Cutler
- Eric Hard, Vice President, Corporate Development, Expedia Inc.
- Chris Hemmeter, Managing Director, Thayer Ventures
- Jim Hornthal, Chairman, Triporati Inc. and former CEO Preview Travel
- Debu Purkayastha, Principal, Corporate Development, M&A, Google Inc.
- Diego Saez-Gil, CEO WeHostels
- Ned Williams, Partner, Brook Venture Fund
PhoCusWright is the travel industry research authority on how travelers, suppliers and intermediaries connect. Independent, rigorous and unbiased, PhoCusWright fosters smart strategic planning and tactical decision-making.
PhoCusWright delivers qualitative and quantitative research on the evolving dynamics that influence travel, tourism and hospitality distribution. The PhoCusWright marketplace intelligence is the industry standard for segmentation, sizing, forecasting, trends, analysis and consumer travel planning behavior. Every day around the world, senior executives, marketers, strategists and research professionals from all segments of the industry value chain use PhoCusWright research for competitive advantage.
To complement its primary research in North and Latin America, Europe and Asia, PhoCusWright produces several high-profile conferences and trade shows in the U.S. and Germany, and partners with conferences in Canada, China and Singapore. Industry leaders and company analysts bring this intelligence to life by debating issues, sharing ideas and defining the ever-evolving reality of travel commerce. PhoCusWright is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northstar Travel Media LLC.